Taking an already solid foundation, Hohm Tech Int’l has pushed further making the best of the best even better. Now utilizing proprietary structure, top cap, and chemistry (Li-CoO2/C), we can confidently say Sherlock2 is king of the 20700 game in every way imaginable.
Idea was to power only electric motor applications, but found it too good to not share with the world. To prepare this cell to meet the extreme safety standards we hold ourselves accountable to, it took over a year of R&D on just the Cobalt Oxide ratio and Graphite stripping process.
The Sherlock2 20700 will excel very much like its counterparts do, but with increased tolerance to amp loads, voltage sustainability under load, and increased cell life with the inherent cooler operation of new chemistry. For consumers that use devices that require extremely heavy amperage, but need a battery that will support those loads without faulting, we introduce to the Sherlock2 20700 cell.
Sherlock2 Hohm can be used in various applications with a Battery Management System. These are rated by Indonesia Chemistry at 3116mAh capacity, with a CDR of 30.7A, an 80°C | 2.8V cut-off of 40.6A, and a pulse/peak rating of 47.1A. All ratings are subject to meet and/or exceed strict limitation policies set forth for DLr1, TID2, PVDL3, CLR4, mΩR5, and Temperature (°C). Sherlock2 is most closely related to the popular Hohm Work2 18650 cell, but has chemistry stimulated and melded at different Hz. Results are incredibly high amperage delivery, with an assurance of consistent coalition within the Li-ion family.
Every Hohm Tech cell model has been tested and certified by the rightful authorities/laboratories and accredited entities to achieve certification of MSDS, CE, ROHS, UN38.3, Specifications, Air/Sea Transport, and PLI. We do not cut corners. We deliver what we promise… chart topping performance, capacity, consistency, and safety.
All cells are developed and built specifically for intense & power-hungry devices that require consistent amperage delivery to operate as intended. Not only was power & capacity a priority, but safety measures were at the forefront of it all.
To expound on safety:
• modified cathode tag consisting of higher purity aluminum is utilized to aid in lowering internal resistance
• updated poly seal with refined bitumen is installed in every cell to ensure excess pressure is controlled
• each cell is fitted with our proprietary EPTC (Enhanced Positive Thermal Coefficient) ring with higher multiplier of resistance
• every cell is equipped with 2-stage CID (Current Interrupt Device) system to aid in overcharge prevention
* NOTICE: Hohm Tech does not manufacture batteries. These are made specific to requirements set forth.
** CAN BE CHARGED AT 4.67A. This is not a misprint. 4.67A as in FOUR POINT SIX SEVEN amp charging is possible, tested, proven, and approved within all strict safety protocols set by Indonesia Chemistry.
*** TESTING BEYOND TEMPERATURE. Hohm Tech cells utilize both static & dynamic testing that includes but not limited to: density loss, thermal distribution, volt drop limiters, cycle life retention, and temperature. These tests are imperative to achieve true cell performance, longevity, and overall quality.
1 Density Loss
2 Thermal Image Distribution
3 No Single Pulse Volt Loss
4 Cycle Life Retention
5 Resistance Retentivity Pre|Post
WARNING: Know your battery warning & safety information
Consult a certified lithium ion specialist or certified battery pack assembler if there are any uncertainties or questions on the use of, handling of, installation of, or storage of lithium ion batteries. Consumer safety is of utmost importance.
BATTERIES REFERRED TO AS: CELL
- KEEP OUT of reach of children and pets.
- DO NOT store or carry cell unprotected such as in a pocket. Use a protective cell case.
- DO NOT use lower resistance (Ω) # OR exceed any cell limitation (identified on each cell).
- DO NOT install, charge, or use cell backwards or in any improper configuration.
- DO NOT use a cell that has any dent(s), tear(s), puncture(s), or any other damage to its structure or outer label wrapping. Inspect each cell carefully before each use. This ensures safe, reliable, and consistent operation.
- DO NOT use or touch cell if hot to touch (risk severe burn injury).
- DO NOT charge higher than the Max Charge Voltage (typically 4.2V) or Fast Charge Rate as outlined inside the brochure available in the “Download Center” of this site.
- DO NOT discharge below Max Voltage Cut-Off (V) outlined inside the brochure (typically 2.5V) available in the “Download Center” of this site. Remove cell(s) from charger once fully charged to ensure they are not at risk of exposure to any potentially malfunctioning li-ion cell charger.
- MULTI-CELL devices, have space or non-conductive material between opposite facing cells and any adjoining metal which cells may come in contact with.
- ALWAYS use matching cells. Differences in cell capacity can lead to overcharging or over-discharging during use. This can lead to premature wear-out, and in the worst case, catastrophic failure of one or more cells resulting in severe burn injury, fire, explosion, and property damage.
- Lithium ion cells have inherent risks that can cause severe burn injury, fire, explosion, battery failure, and property damage if short-circuited or used beyond their limitations (identified on each individual Hohm Tech cell wrap). It is important to keep the wrap covering the cell 100% intact. Never use a cell if its wrap is compromised with any damage (e.g.- tears, nicks, punctures, worn area, or any undisclosed wear). Damage to the wrap risks short-circuiting cell. Always inspect wrap. Always use, connect, and operate cell(s) within its limitations as identified on each individual Hohm Tech cell wrap, while adhering to the device’s user manual.