Taking an already solid foundation, Hohm Tech Int’l has pushed further making the best of the best even better. Now utilizing proprietary structure, top cap, and chemistry (QSP Li-NMC), we can confidently say RUN XL is king of the 21700 game in every way imaginable.
Idea was to power only electric motor applications with the 21700, but found it too good to not share with the world. To prepare this cell to meet the extreme safety standards we hold ourselves accountable to, it took over 2 years of R&D on just the Cobalt Oxide ratio and Graphite stripping process.
The RUN XL 21700 will excel very much like its counterparts do, but with increased tolerance to amp loads, voltage sustainability under load, and increased cell life with the inherent cooler operation of new chemistry. For consumers that use devices requiring extremely heavy amperage, but need a battery that supports those loads without having to swapped out so quickly, we introduce to the RUN XL 21700 series cell.
Hohm RUN XL can be used in various applications with a Battery Management System. These are rated by Indonesia Chemistry at 4007mAh capacity, with a CDR of 30.3A, an 80°C | 2.8V cut-off of 38.6A, and a pulse/peak rating of 44.2A. All ratings are subject to meet and/or exceed strict limitation policies set forth for DLr1, TID2, PVDL3, CLR4, mΩR5, and Temperature (°C). RUN XL is most closely related to the popular Hohm LIFE 18650 cell, but has chemistry melded at different Hz. Results are incredibly high amperage delivery, with an assurance of consistent coalition within the Li-ion family.
Every Hohm Tech cell model has been tested and certified by the rightful authorities/laboratories and accredited entities to achieve certification of MSDS, CE, ROHS, UN38.3, Specifications, Air/Sea Transport, and PLI. We do not cut corners. We deliver what we promise… chart topping performance, capacity, consistency, and safety.
All cells are developed and built specifically for intense & power-hungry devices that require consistent amperage delivery to operate as intended. Not only was power & capacity a priority, but safety measures were at the forefront of it all.
To expound on safety:
• modified cathode tag consisting of higher purity aluminum (UHP Al) is utilized to aid in lowering internal resistance
• updated poly seal with refined bitumen is installed in every cell to ensure excess pressure is controlled
* NOTICE: Hohm Tech does not manufacture batteries. These are made for and licensed to Hohm Tech Int’l achieving their requirements set forth.
** CAN BE CHARGED AT 6.01A. This is not a misprint. 6.01A as in SIX POINT ZERO ONE amp charging is possible, tested, proven, and approved within all strict safety protocols set by Indonesia Chemistry.
*** TESTING BEYOND TEMPERATURE. Hohm Tech cells utilize both static & dynamic testing that includes but not limited to: density loss, thermal distribution, volt drop limiters, cycle life retention, and temperature. These tests are imperative to achieve true cell performance, longevity, and overall quality.
1 Density Loss
2 Thermal Image Distribution
3 No Single Pulse Volt Loss
4 Cycle Life Retention
5 Resistance Retentivity Pre|Post
6 Pulse & Peak is applicable to Dynamic EV Systems ONLY and rated @ ≤5 SEC ON / ≥30 SEC OFF
WARNING: LI-ION (Lithium Ion) BATTERIES (Cells) HAVE INHERENT RISKS IF MISUSED. IF MISUSED, CELL CAN EXPLODE CAUSING SEVERE BURN INJURY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE. – READ BELOW THOROUGHLY –
READ BROCHURE HERE
CELL = BATTERY
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN and pets.
- NEVER PUT IN FIRE, oven, microwave, or heat over 100oC (212oF), as it can EXPLODE.
- NEVER CARRY or store OUTSIDE of its protective packaging or a PROTECTIVE CELL CASE.
- NEVER PUT IN POCKET, purse, or anywhere WITH METAL OBJECTS including COINS and KEYS. Otherwise cells could short-circuit and EXPLODE.
- NEVER PUT A DEVICE WITH A CELL OR CELLS INSTALLED IN IT, IN YOUR POCKET or ON BODY. As unlikely as it may be, the device could have a defect, internal damage not visible, malfunction, and/or be affected by debris in pocket that may get inside device causing catastrophic failure and EXPLODE.
- NEVER USE IN A DEVICE THAT CAN EXCEED MAX CELL WATTAGE (W) or AMPERAGE (A) (listed on each cell and retail packaging). Otherwise if device fails to stop pulling power, the cell capabilities can be exceeded causing catastrophic failure and EXPLODE.
- NEVER USE A LOWER RESISTANCE (Ω) # (listed on each cell and retail packaging). Otherwise cell capabilities can be exceeded causing catastrophic failure and EXPLODE.
- NEVER USE CELL WITH ANY DAMAGE TO ITS STRUCTURE OR OUTER PROTECTIVE LABEL (also called “WRAP”, “sleeve”, “skin”). Damage may include: dent(s), tear(s), nick(s), puncture(s), corrosion, or any other undisclosed abnormalities or undisclosed damages. Otherwise cell can short-circuit and EXPLODE. ALWAYS INSPECT cell VISUALLY and by TOUCH to SEE/FEEL for damage BEFORE EACH USE. ** SEE ILLUSTRATION BELOW AS GUIDELINE. **
- NEVER LEAVE UNATTENDED WHILE CHARGING, & ALWAYS REMOVE CELL(s) ONCE FULLY CHARGED to ensure they are not at risk of any potential charger malfunction such as overcharging that could damage cell and lead to catastrophic failure and EXPLODE. ALWAYS USE LI-ION CHARGER (3.6V & 3.7V) ONLY.
- NEVER CHARGE HIGHER THAN MAX CHARGE VOLTAGE (V) (typically 4.2V) or DISCHARGE BELOW MAX VOLTAGE CUT-OFF (V) (typically 2.5V). Overcharging or over discharging cell can cause irreversible damage or catastrophic failure and EXPLODE.
- ALWAYS USE MATCHING CELLS in MULTI-CELL DEVICES. Differences in cell capacity can lead to overcharging or over-discharging cell. This can lead to catastrophic failure of one or more cells causing EXPLOSION.
- IF USING A MULTI-CELL DEVICE, IT MUST HAVE A NON-CONDUCTIVE BARRIER (typically plastic) to PREVENT CELLS FROM TOUCHING METAL except for the very center of top and bottom of cell. Otherwise cell(s) could short-circuit and EXPLODE.
- ALWAYS use, connect, charge, and OPERATE CELL(s) WITHIN THEIR CAPABILITIES as listed on each cell and its packaging, while adhering to the device’s user manual.
- COMPLETELY READ and follow the WARNING section listed here, above, below, in brochure, and listed on each cell and its retail packaging.
- SEARCH www.YouTube.com for “18650 EXPLOSIONS” to understand and know the importance of properly using and maintaining lithium ion (li-ion) cells. Hohm Tech does not advise attempting to repair or rewrap any cell. Hohm Tech is an advocate of recycling and replacing cell IMMEDIATELY if damaged. As a tool to find your LOCAL RECYCLE CENTER. Or you can visit Hohm Tech Warranty Center for recycling and replacement. Your safety is #1.