Taking an already solid foundation, Hohm Tech Int’l has pushed further making the best of the best even better. Now utilizing proprietary structure, top cap, and chemistry (Li-CoO2/C), we can confidently say Sherlock2 is king of the 20700 game in every way imaginable.
Idea was to power only electric motor applications, but found it too good to not share with the world. To prepare this cell to meet the extreme safety standards we hold ourselves accountable to, it took over a year of R&D on just the Cobalt Oxide ratio and Graphite stripping process.
The Sherlock2 20700 will excel very much like its counterparts do, but with increased tolerance to amp loads, voltage sustainability under load, and increased cell life with the inherent cooler operation of new chemistry. For consumers that use devices that require extremely heavy amperage, but need a battery that will support those loads without faulting, we introduce to the Sherlock2 20700 cell.
Sherlock Hohm can be used in various applications with a Battery Management System. These are rated by Indonesia Chemistry at 3116mAh capacity, with a CDR of 30.7A, an 80°C | 2.8V cut-off of 40.6A, and a pulse/peak rating of 47.1A. All ratings are subject to meet and/or exceed strict limitation policies set forth for DLr1, TID2, PVDL3, CLR4, mΩR5, and Temperature (°C). Sherlock2 is most closely related to the popular Hohm Work2 18650 cell, but has chemistry stimulated and melded at different Hz. Results are incredibly high amperage delivery, with an assurance of consistent coalition within the Li-ion family.
Every Hohm Tech cell model has been tested and certified by the rightful authorities/laboratories and accredited entities to achieve certification of MSDS, CE, ROHS, UN38.3, Specifications, Air/Sea Transport, and PLI. We do not cut corners. We deliver what we promise… chart topping performance, capacity, consistency, and safety.
All cells are developed and built specifically for intense & power-hungry devices that require consistent amperage delivery to operate as intended. Not only was power & capacity a priority, but safety measures were at the forefront of it all.
To expound on safety:
• modified cathode tag consisting of higher purity aluminum is utilized to aid in lowering internal resistance
• updated poly seal with refined bitumen is installed in every cell to ensure excess pressure is controlled
• each cell is fitted with our proprietary EPTC (Enhanced Positive Thermal Coefficient) ring with higher multiplier of resistance
• every cell is equipped with 2-stage CID (Current Interrupt Device) system to aid in overcharge prevention
* NOTICE: Hohm Tech does not manufacture batteries. These are made specific to requirements set forth.
** CAN BE CHARGED AT 4.67A. This is not a misprint. 4.67A as in FOUR POINT SIX SEVEN amp charging is possible, tested, proven, and approved within all strict safety protocols set by Indonesia Chemistry.
*** TESTING BEYOND TEMPERATURE. Hohm Tech cells utilize both static & dynamic testing that includes but not limited to: density loss, thermal distribution, volt drop limiters, cycle life retention, and temperature. These tests are imperative to achieve true cell performance, longevity, and overall quality.
1 Density Loss
2 Thermal Image Distribution
3 No Single Pulse Volt Loss
4 Cycle Life Retention
5 Resistance Retentivity Pre|Post
WARNING: IF MISUSED, CELL CAN EXPLODE CAUSING SEVERE BURN INJURY AND PROPERTY DAMAGE. READ BELOW THOROUGHLY
READ BROCHURE HERE
CELL = BATTERY
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN and pets.
- DO NOT PUT IN FIRE, oven, microwave, or heat over 100oC (212oF), as it can EXPLODE.
- NEVER CARRY or store OUTSIDE of its protective packaging or a PROTECTIVE CELL CASE.
- NEVER PUT IN POCKET, purse, or anywhere WITH METAL OBJECTS including COINS and KEYS. Otherwise cells could short-circuit and EXPLODE.
- DO NOT USE A LOWER RESISTANCE (Ω) # (the lowest acceptable resistance is listed on every cell, its retail packaging, and in brochure).
- DO NOT USE IN A DEVICE THAT EXCEEDS MAX CELL WATTAGE. Otherwise if device fails and does not stop power, the cell can get too hot and EXPLODE. (The MAX wattage is listed on every cell, its retail packaging, and brochure).
- DO NOT USE CELL WITH ANY DAMAGE TO ITS STRUCTURE OR OUTER PROTECTIVE LABEL (also called “WRAP”, “sleeve”, “skin”). Damage may include: dent(s), tear(s), nick(s), puncture(s), corrosion, or any other undisclosed abnormalities or undisclosed damages. INSPECT cell CAREFULLY BEFORE EACH USE. ** SEE ILLUSTRATION BELOW AS GUIDELINE. **
- NEVER LEAVE UNATTENDED WHILE CHARGING. As unlikely as it may be, a charger could malfunction or cause a short-circuit, leading to catastrophic failure and EXPLODE.
- ALWAYS REMOVE CELL(s) from CHARGER ONCE FULLY CHARGED to ensure they are not at risk of exposure to any potential charger malfunction such as overcharging. ONLY USE LI-ION CHARGER (3.6V & 3.7V)
- DO NOT CHARGE HIGHER THAN MAX CHARGE VOLTAGE (V) (typically 4.2V) or DISCHARGE BELOW MAX VOLTAGE CUT-OFF (V) (typically 2.5V). Overcharging or over discharging cell can cause catastrophic failure and EXPLODE.
- ALWAYS USE MATCHING CELLS in MULTI-CELL DEVICES. Differences in cell capacity can lead to overcharging or over-discharging cell. This can lead to catastrophic failure of one or more cells and can EXPLODE.
- IF USING A MULTI-CELL DEVICE, IT MUST BE EQUIPPED WITH A NON-CONDUCTIVE BARRIER (typically plastic) to PREVENT CELLS FROM TOUCHING METAL except for the very center of top and bottom of cell. Otherwise cell(s) could short-circuit and EXPLODE.
- ALWAYS use, connect, charge, and OPERATE CELL(s) WITHIN THEIR CAPABILITIES as identified on each battery and in the brochure, while adhering to the device’s user manual.
- COMPLETELY READ and follow this WARNING section listed here, above, below, in brochure, and listed on each cell and its retail packaging.
- SEARCH www.YouTube.com for “HOW TO REWRAP 20700 BATTERY” and “20700 BATTERY EXPLOSIONS” to understand and know the importance of using and maintaining lithium ion cells properly.